Well for most of us, the bathroom has become a personal sanctuary. It is not just a place to wash off the grit. Am sure you would love to treat the place like a personal spa, where you relieve the stress of the day and relax. So, when you are renovating your bathroom, you are not just creating a practical bathing space; you are creating a place when you can get away and be yourself.
Here’s giving you some tips and ideas in renovating your bathroom 😊
1. Space - While the bathroom is getting smaller, the secret to making small bathrooms comfortable, and not cramped, is the efficient use of space. Smaller but artfully designed toilets and smaller uniquely designed sink bowls. Other companions to scaled-down bathrooms include space-saving walk-in showers, more shelving instead of cabinets and large floating vanities to increase the perception of space.
2. Lighting - Put on vanity lighting. The bathroom vanity area usually consists of a cabinet, countertop, faucet, and hardware.. Secondary, we think of the mirrors and lighting. But these two items are just as important to the function of the bathroom. Using lighting strategically can make a world of difference, so not only the bathroom shines brightly, but so do you. Not only in style but function as well.
3. Decors - Neutral decors will never go wrong. We love the whites, grey and warm brown color palette that make a space look modern and elegant.There is a certain unwavering appeal to the natural and organic for our well being. This is why we are drawn to things like aged flooring, weathered tiles, and vintage plumbing fixtures. We are looking to create some of that natural feel to make the bathroom more relaxing such as putting outdoors indoors through plants, flowers, and even grass.
4. Unique Tile Shapes – Plain tiles doesn’t create the ambience. Be creative and put up hexagon, arabesque, diamond, Moroccan fish scales, or chevron patterns. This you can put as your flooring tiles but also can be used as backsplashes, on shower walls, and possibly ceiling accents to make the bathroom look unique and elegant.
5. Bold Accent Walls - In the modern neutral bathroom, an accent wall is the sparkle that sets the space on fire. It is the defining statement of personal style and character. It is the focal point that greatly determines the mood and look of the bathroom. To create a gorgeous impact, you can add ceramic or porcelain graphic tiles to the space. With bold patterns and colors, it is a way to make any space a show stopper.
After reading this article, hope you can break from the mold and be unique in your styling. In the bathroom, relying on tech, tiles and bold accents to make your bath time more interesting 😊